Our Affiliations/ Partnerships:
“there is one Body and one Spirit . . . there is one Lord, one faith, one baptism, and one God and Father of us all . . .” Ephesians 4:4-6
In non-essential beliefs—we have liberty.
“Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters . . .Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls . . .So then each of us will give an account of himself to God . . .So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God.” Romans 14:1,4,12,22
In all our beliefs—we show love.
“. . .If I hold in my mind not only all human knowledge but also the very secrets of God, and if I have the faith that can move mountains—but have no love, I amount to nothing at all.” 1 Corinthians 13:2 (Phillips Translation)
About God… We believe that there is One God who reveals Himself in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. God is eternal. He has always existed and always will.
About the Bible… We believe that the Bible is the Holy Word of God. It is inspired in every detail. The Bible is complete and without error. Since the Bible is the infallible Word of God, it is the sole authority in all matters of life. The Bible is the basis for truth. The Bible is sufficient to change lives; therefore, we prioritize the teaching and preaching of God’s Word.
About Jesus Christ… We believe that Jesus Christ is the only means of Salvation. He was born of the virgin Mary, lived a sinless life, suffered death as payment of the penalty of the sins of humanity, was literally, physically raised from the dead on the third day, visibly ascended into heaven, and is presently seated at the right hand of the Father making intercession for man.
About Salvation… We believe that salvation is effected only through the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ. Salvation is a free gift of God, appropriated by faithful repentance on the part of the person. Salvation is not awarded based on the merits of any man but is only available through Jesus Christ by faith. We believe that all people are created to exist eternally. Those who have received salvation will exist eternally in the presence of God, while those who reject the gift of salvation will exist eternally- separated from God.
About the Church… We believe that the church was instituted by Jesus Christ who stated that He would be the builder of the church. The purpose of the church must include these five (5) components:
- Worship… LEBC is a church that worships the one true God by entering into His presence with thanksgiving, in awe of His power, majesty, and grace. We worship in spirit and in truth.
- Fellowship… LEBC is a community of people that come together to encourage one another, help one another with the burdens of life, and empower one another to accomplish our life’s purpose.
- Discipleship… LEBC is a church committed to the faithful teaching of the Word of God. Jesus instructed His disciples to teach others all of the things that Jesus had taught them.
- Ministry… Jesus refers to the church as His body. In essence, the church is the “hands and feet” of Jesus. At LEBC, we seek to meet the needs of our members and the needs of our community in Jesus’ Name.
- Evangelism/Missions… No greater need exists than for a person to know the life-changing power of Jesus Christ in his or her life. We intentionally seek to share the message of the gospel of Jesus Christ as the only means of salvation and reconciliation with a Holy God. We share this message with our friends and families, in our communities, and to the farthest places in the world.
These are not the “sum total” of the beliefs of this church Body. This church Body has adopted as its statement of Faith, the Baptist Faith and Message, as adopted by the Southern Baptist Convention, 2000.